Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That's a good production. It's not often that you can take a poem and put it with music and have it work first time. This seems to fit well with the music.

Nice guitar solo... could have stood to be quite a bit louder in the mix. It was quite good.

What vocal treatment are you using on the vox?

Nice work
Herb, I was doing a lot more processing on my vocals in the early 2000's. I was late to Jonny Cash/ Rick Ruben American Recordings. I was immediately drawn to that more intimate sound so I changed my approach. On this recording I doubled the lead vocal and added Waves Doubler to one of them. Then washed everything in reverbs. Thank you for asking and for the kind words.
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow what a nice changeup Lawrence. Very cool intro. Built a great anticipation of what was to come. It did not disappoint. Awesome vocal. Very cool effects on the vocal. The upper register stuff wow... Excellent guitar solo. You can still play bud !!! Well done...
Scott, If I remember correctly, on the highest harmony (panned center-left) I used Melodyne to get it that high. As to the guitar playing I haven't practice since then (2005) and my chops are gone. Thank you for your comments.
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Lawrence, we can now add a fine guitar performance to your always top notch vocal performances.

If lush was your objective you achieved it in spades.

The juxtaposition of a somewhat upbeat sounding production with the dark lyrics was very effective. Somebody once told me that is a great method of delivering a lyric like this.

Epic and cinematic in feel.

Well done!

J&B

Janice & Bud, I wish I could take credit for the juxtaposition aspect but I don't recall doing it on purpose. When I listen to that guitar solo now I don't know how I did it lol. I can hear some Santana and the tapping from Eddie Van Halen. I can't do that anymore smile. Thank you for listening and for the kind words.