Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
I tested the volume slider back to version 12, and they all output Midi CC 7 volume changes from that volume slider, so it seems like it's something that's always been there. As for problem # 2, could you record a screen capture video of the problem and send it to us at support@pgmusic.com?

Interesting to note that its been there for years, but it explains another of my unexplained mysteries that drove me nuts for years. The other device that uses CC7 is my old guitar processor, and I had a long-standing problem of not being able to come back to the same volume settings in my guitar patches. It was obvious that SOMETHING was globally changing the volume of all patches from one performance to the next, and I couldn't figure out what was doing it. Now I know.

More interesting is that my solution was to embed an initializing CC7 at the start of every song, which overrode any temporary volume change that was being introduced by the mystery problem.

I discovered it this time because my new vocal processor uses CC7, and it was obvious just from having the mic and headphones on while changing settings that the mic volume changed dramatically when I moved that slider.

The good news is that I can use the same solution that worked for the guitar processor: embed initializing CC7s that override any accidental changes made by moving the slider. As long as I know what the rules are, I'm willing to jump through any hoops as long as they yield predictable and controllable results.

Thanks to all of you who work so hard at keeping the customers questions answered. We appreciate it.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 03/25/21 02:55 PM.