That depends entirely on what you want to accomplish with Band-in-a-Box (BiaB).

If you just want to make music entirely in BiaB for your own enjoyment then your computer and computer speakers is all you need.

However if you want a much better sound you will need to purchase an audio interface, commonly called a sound card, and some near field monitors. Although you can record with your computer a good audio interface with near field monitors will give you a much better sounding recording. An Audio interface will also allow you to record more than one instrument or vocal simultaneously.

If you want to record a number of instruments and vocals, have total control over them and effects you should also have a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). If you have a PC you have RealBand included with BiaB. Realband is a DAW. Most people start their songs in BiaB then move over to a DAW. Realband has many of BiaB's features so some only work in Realband.

I hope this helps and good luck.

{edit} it looks like Matt and I were typing the same thing at the same time.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/26/21 03:05 AM.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware