Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Noel, long time no see.

Very simple and beautiful lyrics permeate my mind.
The gentle drumless waltz melody catches my heart.
Your vocal fits this song perfectly.
I really like the chord progression of the bridge.
The modulation (Vm7- I7- IVmaj - IVm7 - bVII7 - bIIImaj - V7) is very beautiful.
The mix is also great.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

Thank you for jumping into the thread and having a listen. I sincerely appreciate it. Also, thank you for your really nice words.

The following two lines need to be in a song.

• "Very simple and beautiful lyrics permeate my mind.
    The gentle drumless waltz melody catches my heart."

To be honest, I think you've given me way too much credit when you use such beautiful language. I can't promise anything but I'm going to see if I can write something that was inspired by these words. If I manage to come up with some lyrics, I'll send them over to you to put to a melody smile

Also, thank you for writing the middle-eight chord progression out in that format. It's the first time I've looked at it that way and it has opened up a few ideas for the future. For me, I thought of this chord sequence in three parts...

SONG IN THE KEY OF D MAJOR

(1) Key G (subdominant of D major): IIm7—V7—I—I

(2) then Key F: IIm7—V7—I

(3) Pivot chord A7 (V7 in key D) since F and A share the same melody note of A. Using A7 gets me back into the key D very nicely.

Quote:
If anyone wants to see what chords Shigeki Adachi and I are talking about, try this...

• Set BIAB's chordsheet to display Roman numerals.
  • Set BIAB's key to "D"
  • Enter the chords exactly as written by Adachi-san. (Note... bIII7 is entered as "letter B", three "letters I" and numeral "7")
  • Set BIAB's chord display back to normal. The Roman numerals will now display as standard chords in the key of D major.

The value in using Roman numerals is that chord progressions are easily transferred from key to key.

Thank you once again for visiting!

All the best.
Noel

P.S. Japan's famous cherry trees must be coming into bloom soon! They always look incredible on TV.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024