Based upon the above set of experiments I would say the best solution to the problem I was having is to have "Auto set Tick Offset" unchecked and to also have a setting of zero in the "tick Offset" check box.

However upon looking at the results again it appears that the first note entered in "Staff Roll Notation Mode" is not effected by the value in the "tick Offset" check box. The question them becomes is it only the very last note entered that is not perfect when using "Staff Roll Notation Mode". Give me a moment :-) Okay finished. I added more experiments to the picture and updated it in the above post rather than this one to avoid confusion.

I think my original problem was probably caused by having a tick offset of -12. I checked my old notes which go back to my use of BIAB version 2012 and someone told me to have value 0 in tick offset. I just checked. It was you Noel...lol. I copied you entry into the notes of my reminder database. So for some reason this text box got a different value but I don't know from where. I don't ever remember someone telling me to set it to -12.

Final conclusions:
Make sure "Snap To Grid Lines" is checked to ensure that "Staff Roll Notation Mode" has accurate entries.
Make sure the the "Auto Set Tick Offset" check box is unchecked and the text box called "Tick Offset" have a zero value so that "Editable Notation Mode" has accurate entries.

However, what happens when entering the melody of a Bossa tune (even 1/8ths) and you enter triplets by right clicking on the "current Playback Location Bar" and entering values 3 and 3. The results are shown in the attacked image. These settings make both modes of entry work properly it seems. I attached a picture of the corrected settings.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
NotationModeProperSettings.png (14.8 KB, 38 downloads)
NotationOptionsFixed.png (86 KB, 35 downloads)
Last edited by bowlesj; 03/29/21 04:43 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles