Pipeline, Muso
I get this wish item workflow. I do. It is linear, something similar to DAW. Cakewalk intruduced "arranger" track recently which is something similar. Where you "define" regions as chorus, verse or whatever and flip them around as you wish.

But.. I just do not see how it can substitute "bar settings" as we have it now. How would you mute/unmute indidual tracks at the bar? Back to normal tracks? change style at bar? Poking at tiny cells and mousing around to do these things seems quite unreasonable and time consuming. I guess the bigger question is... Is it a wish to replace "bar settings" page as we know it or add (as an option) another view?
-----------

Not that I see a song "structure" as big issue, but here is another idea. Imagine chord view as we have it now. Select (highlight) a section->right click have an option there "define section".
Clicking that will give you some choices for stardard parts (intro, chorus.etc) and a choice of custom naming and coloring for these selected group.
Once you do that the arranger / region line would add that section on top as you imagined. Clicking on those upper parts will get you to them in similar way as navigator does.Perhaps zooming in just that part Dragging specific region(s) to DAW will drag these specific region(s) to DAW, maintaining proper spacing.
Meaning, if you select "intro" and "ending" it will retain muted "space" between them to properly sit in the DAWs timeline.

------------------
Again, I do understand the benefits of workflow wish you proposed (+1), but I see very little relationship with unifying 2 menus within "settings at the bar" I wished for. They are different fruits. My idea is basically combining most options, making them editable at specific bar within a single page and Muso+Pipeline idea deals with aranger "regions", navigation and export.