Rusty.
the idea is NOT to replace anything currently.
just to add features to current bars view found in rb and powertraks.
(add to bb).
1. mute/unmute. maybe right clik on a cel , up comes F5 etc etc. like you have laid out for any override.
OR enter an "M" in a cel ?? lots of alternatives.
which is why i said upthread a "legend" might be a good idea useing letters of the alphabet that a user can enter into a cel useing computer kbd for quik actions/shortcuts etc.
2. re mousing around. irrespective of any "computer input method" /interraction by user, given the nature of the beast doing songs.
there will always be lots of mouse useage. i use the mouse constantly currently. cant get away from it imho

to summarise. no getting rid of anything in bb that users are used to.
just, for users like myself that like to think in terms of song "structure" ie intros/verses/bridges/solos/refrains/outtros etc etc
an enhanced bars view would be very nice.

frankly i'm sceptical whether we will see implementation
of these wishes. given another users comments about the wishlist.

now lets look at another "unforeseen benefit" that might bring lots of new users to BB.
ie "Music for picture". driven by "film scenes".
thus each region/music section nameable by a user could be named such things as "eerie violins 1m12secs" or "crowd applause 6m 14secs" or "footsteps 8m23secs" or "trumpets " or "synth scream " or or or etc etc. (just an idea)

in summary a very flexible bars view.
lets take a very simple example. your working on a RD drum trak thats on trak 12,and your buddy says "ooh i ,like that fill at bar 33. could we have the same fill at bar 45 "? no problem via quik copy and paste useing the cels/boxes for trak 12.

all sorts of possibilities in bars view.

rusty , if your really worried that something is missed, just post an example that worries you, and i'll post back how the bars view would do it. ie post something like "silly old muso lol how would you do the following ?"
fair enough ?
best
oldmuso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)