Hi Derochette, Janice and Bud and Gruverider,

Sorry I am late in responding, but thanks a lot for your nice comments on this song.
I noticed that before you know you have to search some pages on this Forum to find back your own song...

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Birchwood,
Lyrics that invites us to think. I like this progression in the introduction of the different musical instruments. As Floyd Jane mentioned, lowering the volume of the new instruments slightly in the second part would be a good idea. The mix is ​​well done. Pleasant composition. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Derochette, thanks for the compliments and your suggestion on the volume. After Floyd's post I already lowered it, but he pointed at my vocals and you to my instruments. So I lowered the volume of the drums and the piano a bit too. I would say 'at your service'! ;-)

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We were once told that an upbeat vibe can well deliver a
dark message if done right. This is a great example of that and your passionate
vocal is very powerful.
We really like the band. The build is excellent as are the
later track additions. The lyric and melody are standout.

Really good!
J&B

Bud and Janice, thanks for the kind words and the underlining of what I always believed; upbeat and dark can go along very well.
I only think people get confused and perhaps take the message less seriously. But that isn't my problem... yet.
And thanks for the compliments on the vocals. I am always sensitive on that.

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Love that acoustic guitar in the intro! Very engaging chord progression. And I'm always a fan of a building and changing arrangement.
Well written and performed. Very creative!

(on my speakers the eq on the ride and cymbals is really bright and harsh and distracted my attention away from your wonderfully written song)

Gruverider, thanks a lot for the compliments. I feared the song was perhaps a little too dark, but still I had to make it (for myself).
And then you wrote a line between brackets. At first i thought it was a line under your signature that appears everytime you end your note, but that wasn't the case. It handled the loudness of my cymbals! I haven't noticed it before, but after hearing it a couple of times I still didn't hear it. But I tuned a bit less high in the drum-eq's and I think it must be better by now.

But I am starting a Mixing and Masterig course today, so who knows what will happen to my future songs!

Thanks everyone,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130