What I use to show lyrics and chords is Songbook. In this I can also add comments such as capo position, chorus, verse, instrumentals, tags, slow down or what ever.

I insert pauses to the scrolling where I need them, say stop the scrolling for a time whilst playing an instrumental the come back in and the scroll restarts.

One could easily load the song apply the capo on the said fret. Then start the scroll and MP3 with the chords coming up at about the right tempo for the MP3. After experimenting with a few songs it is very easy to use.

In my case have the words in a text format. Import the text into Songbook add a title and other comments. Set the time of the song (the length of the MP3 in mm.ss), the location of the MP3. Set the key to make changes easier later if required. Then add the chords into the words so it all matches up. Maybe add a pause for the intro.

I load the song press start and also start the MP3. So the song starts showing me the chords for the intro, stops the scroll to allow the intro time and continues the scroll for the words and chords to come up.

Comments are inserted to let me know where I am. e.g. verse 1, chorus, instrumental (16 bars). The scroll pauses whilst the instrumental is played. Then the scroll restarts after the time allocated for 16 bars.

All simple and easy IMHO.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1