Kon'nichiwa Shigeki Adachi-san smile

My gosh!!!! This is such an impressive song and you sing it incredibly well.

I love the relaxed style of your vocals. There’s a hint of jazz in your presentation that I like a great deal.

While I don’t speak Japanese, I can hear that you’ve put a lot of effort into choosing words that flow from syllable to syllable. The language sounds that I’m hearing fit so well to the melody and glide so nicely from note to note.

Also as I listened, it seemed like the words you chose ended mostly with vowel sounds. Is this by design or do Japanese words end mostly in vowels?

As I was trying to work out what song your tribute was dedicated to, I narrowed it down to “Yesterday,” “Yesterday Once More” and “Yesterday When I Was Young.” I eliminated “Yesterday Once More” and then couldn’t decide between the other two. I was fooled by the hint of a French sound in your arrangement. As is often the case when I listen to your songs, Francis Lai and Paul Mauriat music came into my mind. This was why I thought that you might have dedicated this song to “Yesterday When I Was Young.”

That’s when I cheated. I scrolled down and found out it was “Yesterday”! Because I know that the melody of Yesterday’s A-sections is 7 bars long, I listened closely to what you did. I was impressed. At the seventh bar, you added a pause on all instruments. This gave a hint eight bars of music without destroying the feeling of seven bars of melody. From my point of view, that alone is worth a round of applause.

I really, really enjoyed listening to this composition.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Congratulations to the Yamaha guitar students, too. His playing was great!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024