Mike Halloran.
re "cheapware" and no phone support comments.
i feel i must comment in reply about reaper and its superb capabilities that have served me well for around 14 years now.
other users like pipeline can verify my comments.
and there are loads of other pg users also, useing it.
1. at no time in my useage have i ever had a problem with reaper where i needed phone support. in fact ive found it so very easy to use i dont think ive ever had to ask for a rapid answer on the user forum (at reaper.fm).
ive found also phone lines can get tied up, as my wife experienced "for the umpteenth time " THIS WEEK with a big (not music product) organisation.
if i ever DID have a problem the reaper user forum is so heavily populated by users from all over the world, from what ive seen over the years, a rapid reply would be forthcoming.
ive had so many problems over the years with various organisations phone support , you have no idea.
ie waiting for ages.
2. imho (and ive worked in the past with some brilliant high level software engineers way better than i ) reaper is a superb piece of software engineering.
(note i have no ties to the cockos company that develops it in any way whatsoever. just a registered user like i am with pg.)
it was even brilliant way way back when i first tried it at 0.99 version.
its now at version 6. if memory serves me well even the versions before version 2 had such features as automation/folders/small footprint includeing running from a usb drive/dongle free/mixing dx and vst plug ins (i can well remember useing pg's nice dx plug ins in early versions, and still do)/a raft of free plug ins that lots of people thought were the bees knees includeing pros, and still do/pdc if i remember/plug in resource useage/advanced audio routing/tuning out of pitch/ripple editing for radio ? and goodness knows what else etc etc etc. the list of features is endless even before version 2.

at that time competitors did not have various of the foregoing features , thus your comments absolutely stun me.
i would respectfully suggest you go on the reaper user forum, and ask both pro and non pro users from all over the world why they love reaper like i do.
or an INDEPENDENT FORUM like www.gearslutz.com music computers section and ask the same question.

(i also love my wife, biab and realband, and steak and kidney pie, and shelby mustangs and caterham sports cars lol << which i cant afford.)

my prediction. the reaper steamroller will continue.

all the best to you.
oldmuso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/06/21 01:06 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)