Hi Michee,

Me likes it. In fact, me likes it a lot. I think you nailed all your goals and then some. I've listened to it thru my three systems and the mix holds up really well in all three. (headphones, Yamaha kp 10's powered by Alesis RA 100, and Event TR-8's with KRK sub)

But you want some comments, and I do have at least one suggestion. The ending note. It's not pretty, it dies a horrible death, and I would urge you to fix that. :>)

Ok, some maybe's. If I were mixing this, I probably would experiment with a few things, just to see if I could get some slight improvements.

1. Vox---Love the effects here and they are done to perfection (to my ears at least. lol) but I would try backing off the reverb on the vox just a little and adding a small amount to the whole mix, hoping that would bring the guitars and vox into the same space more naturally. Any gains here would be small because the guitars and vox sound great as is.

2. Guitars.---I think starting out I would pan them slightly different, and maybe even double the main rhythm guitar. Then starting on the second verse, I would move them a little, and on the third, go to what you have.

3. Levels. I think I would also spend some time riding the volume on some of the instruments. The violin comes to mind as a good example of where this might bring some small improvements.

Ok, I'm on about my sixth listen now, and I'm really enjoying this song. It doesn't really need anything except the ending note fixed. lol

Excellent effort, and thanks for sharing.

Later,
Jim

I'd be completely happy if I had just one more guitar.