(Home) Before the Street Lights Come On

Just a Funk/Jazz/12 bar blues Jam, if you have three minutes and need a smile. My oldest loves it and we've had a blast today dancing, so there. smile

Three .sgu's were utilized to get all I wanted and the resulting tracks set to DAW (Reaper).

Harmonically, this is built off of 9th chords (the 7th chord's jazzier older cousin). There are two separate bass-lines playing at the same time. One is playing off the chord roots, the other off the 7ths. Other than that, I just took what BIAB gave me. My "producer hat" went on early as I was loving everything that came out.

Part of what BIAB gave me was a kind of glitchy ending (massaged a little in DAW) that reminded me of scurrying home, each to his/her own house, which inspired the title. The Streetlights coming on was the deadline for being back inside when I was a kid. It was kinda unfair because we never knew when they were going to come on...but none of us had watches, so if we ran in out of breath, there were usually no repercussions even if they were already glowing.

Another part that came out was stacking two separate performances of the EP at about mid-point. Maybe it's a bit too virtuosic-sounding, but to my ears, since both versions sound like one hand play, it works. And if it doesn't, I don't care. It's fun.

****** Song Summary *************

Key=C , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=1:36
No intro. 12 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 12. Repeat x3 choruses

Style is _MANTILA.STY (Mantilla Modern Funk w EP Solo)

RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: ~1438:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 3249:Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 3251:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm ModFunk1NoteMark Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 3683:Bass, Synth, FunkJeff Ev 110
RealDrums [in style:ModernFunkOffbeatKickSput^3-a:Sidestick, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Style is _JZFNKTP.STY (Jazz Funk w/ Background Trumpet)

RealTracks in style: 2113:Trumpet, Background, R&B Ev16 110 (1TrackHornSection)
RealTracks in style: ~1435:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovinChords Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: ~1436:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovinMute Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 3352:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Soloist SwampyBluesTalkBoxBrent Ev 095
RealTracks in song: 2348:Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space)
RealDrums [in style:JazzFunkGroovin^1-a:Sidestick, Hihat , b:Snare, Hihat

I think that 2348 2-part funk horn section is my favorite RT.

Mixed in Reaper with mostly PG reverbs and Izotope plugins. Mastered with the modern funk preset in Ozone 9.

Enjoy, if possible.

Last edited by Tangmo; 04/10/21 07:38 AM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground