Hello forum friends. Been listening to some killer stuff!! I really appreciate all the kind comments about my last post. I always read them but I don't get around often enough (was tutoring my daughter for chemistry class) and didn't want to keep pulling the post off page 3.....things move fast around here these days.
I always loved the R and B ballads of the 80's (Anita Baker, James Ingram, Luther Vandross). Always wanted to write one but couldn't sequence tracks to sound right......enter BIAB. Love some of the R and B tracks we have available! Next problem: Can not sing that kind of song. Enter Earl C. Webb. I told Earl I wanted a James Ingram kind of vibe, and damn if he can't do that extremely well......not sure anyone but James himself could do it better. Anyway, thanks for listening, and I'd love to hear what you think, even if it take a day or two to get to read the comments. Take care all. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/beautiful

Beautiful
The sun Is coming up
And the reflection off the water are so beautiful That I feel as though I must be dreaming still Can all of this be real?
Could I pinch myself and chase it all away?
you are lyin’ there asleep
And I don’t think you have ever looked more beautiful With the sunlight playin softly in your hair
Dreaming without care
And I’m feeling so much promise in the day

Love is new
It’s just begun
But something tells me you’re the one
THis time, I think my time is finally here
It feels just like a dream so far
I finally caught my shooting star
And all at once the skies are bright and clear And all is beautiful

Life has ups and downs
Sometimes there’s a moment that’s so beautiful That you wish that you could catch it in a jar Your own true lucky star
But life goes on and moments slip away
Still we are here right now
And I’ll embrace this moment true and beautiful And I’ll lock the memory deep inside my heart In times when we’re apart
I’ll cherish it to get me through the day

Love is new.....

Last edited by Greg Johnson; 04/11/21 02:42 PM.