I have just returned to using my 2015 version of BB (Windows 10) with plans to upgrade, but I'm having problems hearing the songs I create in tune when I play over them with a Bb instrument (tenor sax).

I am inputting the chords from a Bb Real book, and setting the key signature as given in the music (I'm not transposing, but I do check 'Transpose and Set Key Signature').

I have the sound card set for 16 bit 44100htz under sound in Control Panel. I have 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' checked.

I have checked the tuning of the saxophone and I'm playing in tune.

Nevertheless, there appears to be dissonance between the chords of the BB song (I usually use real-track styles) and the notes I'm playing. It may not be a lot, perhaps a semitone or less, but it's just not 'quite right'. I have even tried just playing the chord root as the chords change, but it still sounds 'off'.

I would like to know if there is something basic (and silly) I'm doing wrong. I have a vague feeling that I noticed this issue the last time I used BB, but it was sometime ago.

All suggestions are welcome.

Stephen

Last edited by StephenP; 04/13/21 04:54 AM.