I want to end by saying that EVERY SINGLE PERSON I met really impressed me. The conversation was better than I would have imagined. The kindness and hospitality they offered was much more than I could have asked for. In every case it was as if we had known one another for years.... and I'm an introvert who doesn't warm up to people easily. So the results I got say far more about the goodness of the people I met than it says about me.

When my wife died, it really occurred to me that we all have a limited number of minutes on the planet. Time is the most precious resource, and its up to each of us to spend it wisely. There are a hundred ways to get more money, but there are zero ways to get more time. I feel totally blessed by the willingness of so many people to spend some of their minutes with me. I say that with total sincerity. For me, it was time well spent. I can only hope my presence did not subtract from anyone else's quality of life; but I can say for sure that I will cherish each of those visits. I hope there are more to come.