Originally Posted By: skywest
Just to be clear, I am just rendering the song to a wav file for later use on my phone as a backing track.
If the song uses drums then a count in click is generated at the start of the wav file.
If there are no drums used, there is no count in generated at the start of the wav file.
I then have to load the wav file up into reaper and add clicks at the start as a count in.
I don't want to have to load into a daw at all!
What would be perfect is for the render dialog to have an option to generate a count in or not.

Hello skywest,

In order to have a count-in you would need a drum track. This is why when you have a drum track present, you are getting a count-in, but when there isn't one, you aren't getting one. This is because the count-in is part of the drums.

As a work around, what you could do is load in a drum track and simply mute it after it finishes the count-in so that it's not playing throughout your song. This way, you'd have no drums playing through your song except for the count-in. You can mute individual instruments by pressing F5 to bring up the bar settings window, or you can right click on the specific measure and select bar settings from the drop down menu.

Thank you,
Ember

Cheers,
Ember