I know Bud and Janice ride trail bikes, I know Notes writes styles, I know Pat Marr does animation, I know Herb trains dogs for search and rescue... What do you folks do outside of music?

My is dictated by my being single, as I have no "couples" things to do. I like small woodworking projects. (Like I needed to rack mount some gear so I rigged up a rack from spare 2x4s.) I love cooking. I play backgammon against my computer and rarely lose. I have played in online tournaments in the past and in fact got to the last 8 in the bracket in one nationwide tournament. The girl I beat to get to that round of 8 posted a comment that said "If you draw this guy, be prepared for the match of your lifetime. He plays like a textbook. Don't wait for him to make a mistake. He won't make one." I also enjoy chess but I don't play it often. I have played matches against people I met on AARP's web page by connecting on Zoom, opening up my online game, and sharing the screen control so the other side can roll and move. Really like strategy based games like that.

I DON'T like yardwork (though I do it), painting (inside or out), and could do home repairs if they were inside the scope of what I can physically handle. I just had my back gutters replaced and while it was something that in years past I could have done, I don't have any desire to be up 30 feet hanging on a ladder. I grudgingly vacuum and wet mop, but things like dusting can wait. It'd be different if I ever had company but it's just me and Chunk and nobody ever visits. That's probably not a shock to anybody knowing my shining personality...

Stuff like Herb did when he built that amazing studio just blow me away. I have tinkered with the idea ever since to buy a 12x24 shed kit and put it the backyard to be my studio. I might even do more actual work with a nice environment. The 2nd floor of mine is dreary and uninspiring. It'd be insulated, have 4 skylights, seating for 6, maybe a 6" raised floor so all the cabling is hidden...

What do you guys do away from music?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.