So many people with the music creative thing are also creative in general. Cooking, art of any kind, building with wood from an idea rather than purchased blueprints, designing electronics... all creative endeavors.

I was a boy raised in the 50s when there was a ridiculous thought process that drew a thick and firm line between what boys did and what girls did, and boys who cooked or baked were teased. My mother, who I realized MUCH later in life was really smart, made sure I knew how to cook at least basic things and made me learn how to do enough sewing to handle emergency repairs. When I was in the Army, a lot of the guys would come to me with a panic stricken look because a button fell off their last clean uniform shirt and I got a lot of free beers because I could sew them back on. Then when I moved off post they would land at my house on weekends with all kinds of food and say "Here. Cook something with this."

I really enjoy creative people! A whole different zone of intelligence coming from the right side of the brain!!

Now what I'd like Simon to build for me is a MIDI thru box with a foot switch that lets me change from setup 1 to setup 5 to setup 3, etc... from a foot switch similar to the Line6 shortboard. Of course that's what a Digital Music MX-8 does, but the cool factor of having it custom built, ya know?

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/15/21 03:48 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.