rayc, Bob, Dave, Marty, Floyd, Janne, Vic, TuneMonger, Ghostgum, Cap’n, Scott, J&B, musician 17, Shigeki, David and jpt3:

Thank you all for giving this one a listen and for the feedback and comments. It’s very much appreciated. A few comments below on individual feedback.

rayc: I’ll definitely give that section another listen and see what I can do with regard to your suggestion. I think I get where you’re going with it and worth considering. Thanks for that.

Bob: Had I only known you had another “Light It Up” tune, I would have held this back (given I had a few more coming). But glad you liked the tune, and looking forward to hearing your version.

Marty: Well, the benefit of recording and mixing is that you get a couple of chances to make that falsetto seem flawless and effortless, LOL!. I’d like to say its alway such, but sadly not. The tough battle here was deciding on the key for this song. I wrote it in C and ended up recording it two steps down in A. The key of C doesn’t allow me to get on top of the lead vocal during the bridge, but going down to A made that falsetto a bit more of a challenge, in a way. It’s always a bit of a trade-off.

Floyd: Easy enough for me to extend that last note a bit. Will definitely do so when I revisit.

Scott: So true . . . seems though I have a lot more half-cooked tunes than one would want . . . but so it goes!

David: Interesting comment on the lead guitar . . . I’ll have to give that some thought. You’re right, though . . . it’s a faster RT tempo than what I recorded this at. But also the best of the bunch that I “auditioned” for this song. Not sure what I can do about that, but will revisit. Oddly enough, this same RT was a contender for a collaboration with TuneMonger. Ultimately we went with another RT solo for that tune because that vibrato type sound to that solo didn’t quite fit the tune. Not sure I’m hearing the glitch at 3:04—at least not on the laptop . . . will have to don the headphones as see, but will try to address if so.

Thanks again all for the comments. Stay safe, stay well--

Deej