Hi Trevor,

This is just a toy to play with. I have a lot of speakers but I will use a headset. Thanks for the on off switch tip. I was also thinking of using a power supply but it would most likely add a lot of noise. Most likely build a bass boost circuit also.

I have never really built anything other than effects peddles with transistors. This will be the first amp.

Building tube guitar amps started out late in life with zero understanding of electronics. I had my hands full trying to learn that and not kill myself...lol I have built more than 30 at this point. FYI for all you guitar players, there are things you can touch that will kill you even with the amp unplugged.

For what ever reason all those little black widgets looked totally mysterious to me. I did finally start messing around with transistor stuff. I found it frustrating because people would bring me really high end audio amps from the 1970's I could not repair because I could not get the parts.

Here is a video of a Vox T 60 I got working. This is the exact model the McCartney played in his early days – the small box, brown grill and grey panel! Vintage 1964 Vox T60 Transistor Bass Amplifier Head Top

As you can see from the video I did not know much about transistor amps. Well...even someone who understands solid state electronics may have never seen one of those old black Mullard transistors.

https://youtu.be/Z-h7MI2bTBM

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/22/21 01:01 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo