WHY do the OEMs continue to send us 12 FOOT POWER CORDS with rack gear that is going to be plugged in 12 inches away into a power strip??? And they aren't just standard power cords. No. No. No. They are hardwired into transformer packs so the only option for really adjusting the cord length is to cut off the end, trim the cord down to length, and then put the end back on, which results in having a bunch of crappy looking electrical tape wrapped cords. So you have take the other route and loop them , tape the loops right, udo the loop twice and retape the looped cord because you gauged it wrong the first 2 times...

Grrr....

I had a bunch of gear and I wanted it rack mounted but I am cheap and did not want to buy a rack, so I made one out of some 2x4 I had laying around. Mounter some power strips on it and a couple of grab handles. It isn't going to be moved to gigs or anything. It will just sit in the studio. Today I did wiring. I still have to run midi cables to the thru box, but for the most part, after much cursing, cable stays and duct tape, it's done as good as it's going to get done.

And to that end, does anybody have any 12 inch or 18 inch line cords you would donate? This is all I need!! A 12" and an 18" version of this!

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/25/21 08:14 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.