Hi, I imported an audio .wav vocal track into BIAB and transcribed the track to track #7 in midi. Works great. Great feature. However when I save the BIAB file it does not save the transcribed midi track #7. The same occurs if I write stuff there. Actually maybe I have the solution documented, I will post again. Yes. The procedure below fixed it. I had a real track on chorus #2 and that seemed to be blocking the write somehow.

Quote:
Here is a summary for switching the soloist track from a real track back to midi for notation entry.
** Right click on the soloist track, choose track actions, chose erase track, answer yes to everything.
** Right click on the soloist track, choose track actions, reset to defaults.
** Enter some notes in the soloist track first using editable notation mode
** Right click on the soloist track, chose a midi instrument.
** Make sure there are no bar settings in any choruses muting the soloist track.
....Go to the chords window. Look for a red underline in any chord cell. If yes right click on it, check bar settings.
....Do not forget to check all choruses by clicking "*All Choruses*" button at the very top.
** IF they still do not sound, play the melody track and if it sounds try the soloist track again.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 04/28/21 04:06 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles