Hello, 'jannesan'...

I believe there is always something interesting to listen to in any song, and your's is no exception!

I liked the moody feel of the song. It sounded like waves of major and minor chords rising and falling from bar to bar, diatonically or chromatically, now mellow and harmonically reassuring, now tense and aching with that fateful, despairing touch that only the blues can contribute. The melody was filled with chordal surprises, too. The vocal 'mmms' were haunting and added to the weight and richness of the bass track. They also provided a nice contrast to your higher-pitched vocal. The harmonica soloist sounds inevitable. The 'ending' is startling, but was immediately sensible to me in that nothing in the song is resolved musically or lyrically, a feeling that the dissonant guitar strumming communicates in a powerful way.

I sensed darkness in the lyrics. I hope the "work-related resolution" you're waiting for presents itself in a way that will benefit you personally and professionally.

Last edited by bluage; 04/29/21 01:34 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".