Thank you for the link, Mike!! No, I've not heard it before; got it playing as I type. He's got some nimble fingers, there!

I'm not sure I'd be able to tell if I'm asking too much, even using a metronome. I know my tempo as soon as I write the initial melody; just didn't know the physical limitations of human hands interacting with strings. But now I know, so thank you! Really interesting point about acoustic guitars being faster than electric guitars. Classical and Spanish guitar music is certainly filled with fast runs and riffs. Do you think it's the string weight that makes the difference? I've noticed there are varying weights (hope that's the right term) for electric guitar strings.

Mario, I write lead sheets and arrangements in a notation program. The original melody and chords get worked out on my keyboard first, but once I start writing parts it's all on the computer. I wish so much that I could play this fast, because I could just set the keyboard voice to blues guitar and go for it, bring in an audio that would fit the rock style, but my fingers just can't fly like that anymore. And I remember that my keyboard can work as a MIDI controller, but I've never explored that. BIAB is my first foray into anything MIDI.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.