Well hello, everyone, it's me again with yet more questions! Y'all have been SO kind and it's made the difference between my being hopelessly lost and actually making some progress. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

In the Technical Question thread, Herb posted a link to his song and I can sing mine to that sound... so as improbable as it may be, I believe Blues-n-Ballads Girl here wrote a rock song. It was inspired when an ambulance went wailing past for the eighth time in one day (and another four went by that night while I was writing it!!).

Now I would like to get your advice on styles. I've been listening to them (some days till they blur together!) and having a lot of trouble choosing the right one for my song. I admit to a MAJOR handicap: I have a ballad voice and ballad ears... and I don't. like. static. It's laughable that Acoustic Girl here is writing rock songs! I think the problem I have with static is probably due to my ears ringing (24/7 loud as a vacuum cleaner); distortion makes it worse. BUT in the service of this song I need to go where I have never gone before and cross my fingers I won't hear "He's dead, Jim." eek

I need something driven, urgent, a little chaotic, with an even feel. My keyboard has a style called "Contemporary Rock" which is actually a cleaner sound than I expected, but it just doesn't work. There's no despair in it, no fear, yanno? I don't need anger and I really can't deal with heavy metal but since the song was sparked by those ambulances wailing past at all hours of the day and night the style's got to be pretty driven.

So far the closest I've got to Herb's style with something I think I can handle is Brit Invasion Fast. I don't want piano at all, and I doubt I'll want organ, although I do have background vocals. I like multiple guitars and it might be weird, but so far I'm using both the bass in the style and my own bass MIDI (I panned them to -8 and 8; might pan them farther).

Do you have a favorite style? Is there something which would be suitably angsty with less static? Maybe it really needs that sound, though. Seriously, if someone with a rock voice (and good ears!) were to sing the song, it could work with a style like Herb used.

I'm open to both RT and MIDI tracks. Thanks for any suggestions you might have!!!

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.