Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
HI Cathie,

here are my thoughts, maybe useful or complete garbage. :-)
.....You made your reading so far - I hope it made just a little sense.

Hi! It's very nice to meet you! Thank you for sharing your method with me--yes, it was useful! It helps a lot that you mentioned how frustrated you get. I'm about to throw this thing through a wall, myself. NOTHING works properly.

I suppose my problem as a composer is that I always start with lyrics. Starting instead with chords means that more than half my work has to be done first in notation software--and I wouldn't mind that at all if I could just bring it over to BIAB, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how. It just never works.

Maybe I need to be in RB instead of BIAB, but I figured I need to learn how to change out the patches and tracks.

Vocals have always been my weak link in the chain. I like my voice, but it does take 20 or 30 takes to get a full song. Might not be as bad if I'm not trying to play the keyboard at the same time, and one reason I wanted BIAB is that I wanted to be able to record parts of the song instead of going for one long perfect take. But again, maybe that needs to be in RB rather than BIAB. I don't know, I just don't know.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.