Originally Posted By: David Snyder

I really like this David. It's so good.

Thanks! smile

Quote:
J-Pop is getting pretty hip-hoppy these days, and here is an example.

Nice song! Seems like the key here is still to build the chorus around a single line... preferably in a different language! wink

Most of what I've heard was from random covers of songs done using SynthV. This evening I was listening to a Japanese cover pointless tangent edited out from this paragraph, you're welcome - when my daughter was walking by and said "That's from Steven Universe! It's supposed to be upbeat, these vocals are all wrong!"

Can't imagine where my kids get those strong opinions about music from.

Anyway, turns out half the stuff I heard probably wasn't J-Pop to start with! grin

Quote:
There are tons of loops and samples to mix with the kind of thing you are doing to add a little more bounce.

I agree about loops - BiaB doesn't seem to capture a very contemporary sound. Which is fine for me - most of the time - because that's not what I'm typically looking for.

Have you checked out RealiTone's Hip Hop Creator? It looks like a lot of fun to play with, but I duobt I'd ever use. I always get a kick listening to Mike Greene's walkthough videos - his enthusiasm and humor always make my day.

But I've been trying to stick with BiaB only for the moment, just to keep me focused. The next song is probably going to use some additional libraries, as I'm basing it off a BiaB style that's got a number of MIDI tracks, and I can use the MIDI strings to drive things like the NI Strummed Acoustic.

Quote:
Also, pop is slightly more repetitive and less wordy than this, and I will let you have these for free:

Thanks, you're the best!

This is my constant failing at pop songwriting! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?