Hi Cathie,

frustrations, anger and lack of progress go hand in hand with making music *eeek*

Sometimes when I have the melody (tune) I go to another software in my DAW - the tool is Scaler 2, where you can enter the midi notes from the piano/synth, and it'll determine which key fits the best to your melody. This is sometimes very helpful.

When it comes to recording in parts - I suggest you go to your DAW (Ableton, Logic Pro X or likewise). In Logic I can create a take folder and record the same piece over and over again, and end up with maybe 15-20 vocal takes of the same part of the song. Afterwards I can comb (select) from each take and assemble the vocal from there. (I'm not sure which other DAW offer this feature). When recording vocals, I never play at the same time - I need to be 100% focused, when I sing. I have no stage or live experience....so that is why, I do not master singing and playing at the same time. blush

BIAB has so many capabilities, and my main frustration is, that it doesn't always fit to my way of thinking.

MacMini M1 - BIAB2021 - Logic Pro X - iZotope Music Production Suite - Scaler 2 - far too many Waves plugins and Line 6 Guitars and boards + a fantastic Yamaha THR10ll mini Amp - Avid MBOX Studio

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services