Originally Posted By: Cathie
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Hi Cathie,

frustrations, anger and lack of progress go hand in hand with making music *eeek*

Hi! Thank you. Is your name Peter, by chance?

I'm still ready to throw it through a wall. I decided to start over with a different song, a bossa nova I recorded a couple years ago. After I watched the tutorials on youtube again (and took notes, I even took notes!), I brought the audio into BIAB. It took me seven separate tries to figure out that I had to set the key, the choruses and the tempo before I bring in an audio--not mentioned in the tutorials--and then figure out how to sync it up so it starts at Bar 1 because the command buttons are missing from the Audio Edit window. I finally figured out that there are three separate ways to get into the Audio Chord Wizard and only the third way has all the command buttons... so on the eighth version of this song I finally got it synced in the right key and at the right tempo, only to be completely unable to set the bar lines because that version of ACW won't let me see the whole thing and won't let me move any bar lines, just keeps adding new ones--AND it changed the key and tempo on me. **headdesk** Yep, another one thrown away.

I'll probably try again today now that I've had a day's break. I sang this one well and there's a bolero/bossa style which complements my keyboard's bossa style. If I can get the barlines to line up this time, I can fix all the chords the ACW got wrong and then start bringing in the RT and see what I get.

IF. It's really a big IF. Oy.

Hi Cathie,

Peter it is :-)

ACW is useful, if you can make it work. And I agree the tutorial is an area of improvement, including the manual btw. (I've used the old version mostly, because that's what my silly head can figure out and make it work)

I would aim straight at BIAB Support for help and guidance - perhaps we might end up with an improved tutorial.

All the best of luck

Greeting Peter

MacMini M1 - BIAB2021 - Logic Pro X - iZotope Music Production Suite - Scaler 2 - far too many Waves plugins and Line 6 Guitars and boards + a fantastic Yamaha THR10ll mini Amp - Avid MBOX Studio

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services