Cathie.
further ideas that might lessen the frustration level.

i dont know about you ; but when i get a song idea i want to get it down FAST in rough form in 15 to 30 minutes. so heres an idea.

1. as i mentioned realband(RB) has a usefull feature in the menus called fill trak with drum pattern for most music genres.
find one you like. (also set KEY AND TEMPO in RB).
then fill a trak with it. (you can also make your own guide drum patterns.)
2. now , if your piano has sounds built in. on a new trak record yourself playing the piano by takeing the audio out of your piano into line in on your audio interface.
(what usb audio interface are you useing ?)and record your piano playing on a new audio trak in rb.
now repeat with variations on a new audio trak for variety.
if you make a piano mistake no worries. just play thru it, and do an overdub later on.
3. now record a couple of traks of vocals on 2 different traks, and add some pg echo chorus on the traks subtly.
4. so NOW you have 5 traks. one drum guide trak.
2 piano guide traks and 2 voc guide traks.
use RB mixer to mix to your liking. and THUS you have the foundation of your song idea QUICKLY.

SEE WHAT I MEAN. ?? doable in half an hour in total probably.
I USE THIS METHOD TO ALSO TEST OUT HOW WELL MY LYRICS ARE WORKING IN THE SONG. AS WELL AS "AM I USEING THE RIGHT KEY FOR MY VOCALS".
in summary no entering notation or other steps needed.
(but NOTE RB has loads of notation features. just read the manual and watch vids etc.)
cathie , the above fast song method is no different than what a lot of big recording studios used to do ages ago before all this technology we have today.
often the big studios would set up guide traks with the songwriter/arranger and THEN bring in the heavy duty pro session musicians to record against the guide traks and build the song up from there.

5. after doing above and being happy with arrangement AND LYRICS.
now initiate auto accompany features in RB etc etc.
and away you go generating RT's and // or midi on different RB traks.
ps MAKE SURE YOU SAVE TO *.seq often for backup.

best
i-like-a-fast-rock-song-with-great-lead-breaks-oldmuso lol.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/19/21 03:08 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)