Quote:
Well written tune. Great story. The band is good too. Nice, clear vocals. The mix is perfect.

JPT. Thank you. This was written as a rough draft to help a buddy of mine get some new ideas for a song he was writing with a similar title. He didn't like it ....said it was too personal. So, I reworked it a bit and here it is.

Quote:
Enjoyed the song, a really nicely told story, pretty melody and well performed.

The vocals were particularly well done and the guitars were an excellent fit.

Peter, thanks. I liked the way the vocals came out on this one too. 5 tracks total on the vox.

Quote:
Really like the lyrics on this one, Herb. Like everyone else has said, great hook.

Your vocals are well done and place on this one. The harmonies are nice (sounds to me a little like Neil Young singing country harmonies.) A good, honest sound.

I like story songs, and this is a good one. Really enjoyed it.

Steve, thanks. I like Neil Young a lot. And I love doing harmony work. I too like story songs and it seems there's not a lot of them on the radio anymore but the ones that are there tend to be successful.

Quote:
I absolutely love that Tele solo. Perfect fit for the song.

The hook at the end of the chorus is a gem: "Between the quarter and the bible, you can always reach someone who cares." Yep!

Ezekiels Storm, I couldn't agree more. Sometimes those gems just kinda fall into your lap as this one did. Thanks for listening.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.