The thing is my laptop computer sips electricity, Air Conditioners gobble electricity. 20% of the Earth's energy consumption attributed to Air Conditioning is a lot.

If we weren't having a climate crisis, it wouldn't be a problem, but we are. Of course, that's not our problem because the next generation will pay the price.

And I never said turn off your AC, what I said in so many words is, "Don't complain about someone else's abuse of energy if you are doing the same thing."

I choose not to use AC, I'm acclimatized to that and comfortable without it. I planted dozens of trees and painted my roof bright white. If I could afford it on musician's wages, I'd go solar/wind and get off the grid.

It's a "do unto others thing". I didn't like the way my parents' generation left the planet, so I do my part not to do that for the next generations. Of course my little effort doesn't help much, but to get it done we must think globally but act locally.

It's not about saving the planet, it's about saving the future of the human race.

If you are going to use your AC, drive a big truck that hauls nothing more than a week's groceries, or do anything else that uses a lot of energy, you can complain about someone else's abuse of energy, but I don't think you should.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks