Quote:
First off, I didn't listen to the original take -- yet -- because I wanted to experience listening to the song, just as a song, without worrying about making comparisons.

The lyrics are comforting and reassuring, which really matters to me, at least. Who among us can't use a song that seeks to guide a body out of personal troubles? It's an act of kindness and generosity, really, to put such a thing out into the world for all to hear, and it deserves a nice, heartfelt "Thank you".

Your vocal harmonizations are simply "music to my ears", and the increase in voices adds a feeling of strength-in-numbers to the moral force of the song's gentle message.

The Real Track additions support your expressive guitar-playing quite nicely.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".

Bluage, the 2 versions are very very similar.... as I said in the OP... I fixed a few nits. Nothing major. My problem is that once I hear something that's not quite "right" I can't unhear it, and it must be fixed.
I really enjoy music that lends itself to harmony vocals. This one did. I like to use the BGV and HV as low level support.
Real tracks, simply put, have changed my musical world.
Mamabear, Beagle, Gamblerschoice, Robbie, and so many others.... I miss that group and the camaraderie we all had. PS.... I still see JW post on FB every now and then. I don't think she's as active on the piano or at least on the making and recording music end of things these days.

Quote:
Excellent story song. We two can certainly related to good mama advice.

The combo of lead vocal, unison lead and harmony works well.

Excellent "tailored to the song" guitar work...no surprise there.

Well done!

J&B... thank you both. I'm a sucker for a good story song. I appreciate you both listening.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/20/21 03:51 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.