Yes, wait for a sale so you can purchase Kontakt at half price, well at least in the past that was the sale price.

Kontakt does not require a dongle or any other copy protections. It is assigned to your computer via their Native Access. You can install Kontakt onto two computers. Native Access keeps track of many of your presets as well as Kontakt so if you have a major crash you can just have Native Access install everything for you. You can tell Native Access where you would like the program and presets to be installed so you are not limited to the C:/ drive, except of course for the registry stuff.

Kontakt comes with a big, 43 gig, library, however it is dated. That is not to say there isn't any good presets as there are but some are quite old. An important fact IMHO is that there are a large number of third party libraries available for Kontakt. If you want or need an instrument or synth sound it will be available someplace for Kontakt.

Kontakt is my go to sound source.

PS - you might want to DL the free Kontakt Player to see if it fits in your workflow.

FYI - I keep all of my presets on an separate internal SSD and a couple times a year I clone it so I will always have them backed up. Plus if I do have a problem I can just DL Kontakt.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware