One issue users face is the program fails to load RealTracks and RealDrums content because the content is stored in two locations. My proposal is for the Band-in-a-Box program to have the capability to use two content storage locations.

There are too many reasons why RealTrack & RealDrum folders and files may exist in multiple locations. So I won't try to detail them. However a glance at forum threads confirms the issue seems to be commonplace. I have two proposals regarding how the issue can be addressed.

Proposal # 1: Add a "find this patch" button to each track in the Patches tab of the mixer. If a track patch name displays as N/A then pressing the track "find this patch" button will open a search window. A visible patch search scan (similar to what is displayed during a virus scan) will be initiated across all internal and external storage drives. When the patch is found, the scan stops and the patch is loaded. When the patch is not found the search window displays a "search complete, patch not found" message along with an opportunity to contact PG Music about the issue. While the scan is in progress the "find this patch" button should toggle to a "stop this search" button that ceases the search.

Proposal # 2: Add a second location for RealTracks and RealDrums. The first location is primary and searched first. If a patch is not found then the program advances to the second location.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home