Hi Ed, it's nice to meet you! I have to say that both of my threads are filled with awesome advice from so many people. Really truly impressed by this community, by everyone's friendly generosity. I really have learned so much from everyone!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it.

I think the thing which trips me up--besides the steep learning curve, I mean--is that my songs are already written. I thought I could bring in the MIDIs from my notation program and add RT to them. So far I haven't mastered that skill at all, so I tried bringing in an audio of a song I recorded a couple years ago. It was a PROCESS, to be sure, and I threw away a lot of faulty attempts, but I finally got it right. Only now I guess I have to learn how to turn an SGU into an MP3.

Every once in a while I have to completely walk away from the computer and go back to my keyboard to reassure myself that I'm not totally incompetent. **wry look** My guess is that someday I'll look back on these months and say, "oh, yeah, it was a little tough, but I got it eventually," and completely minimize what I'm going through right now, lol... OY. But I have to learn this. If I want my songs to go anywhere at all, even if it's just Soundcloud, I've got to learn this.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.