Originally Posted By: 90 dB
My second band was The Rainy Days Blues Band!

Butterfield, Mayall, Musselwhite, Blues Project.....

That's ambitious to cover those guitar players. And I hope you had a good harp player because that's 2 of the best. Mike Bloomfield was almost the perfect guitar player. His tone, his touch. We lost him way too soon. I had more to learn from him. 100% blues man. And Alvin Lee! I opened for him once and sat there spellbound by things he was doing. Memphis Charlie Musselwhite is a masterful harp player, and Mayall... fuggedaboutit!! That album with Clapton and McVie was crazy good. I think I wore 2 copies of that album out. Now, digital files live forever but I will always have some form of that album to listen to. Still called The Beano album.

My first band that played gigs was "The Sands Of Time" and the word Time had an hourglass as the I on the bass drum head. From there was The TryTones. That band never left the basement, though the drummer had a hot sister who dated Gene Schwartz, brother of Glenn Schwartz, first of the James Gang, the Pacific Gas & Electric. He used to come to hear that little trio rehearse and showed me a lot about how to play big for a trio. He abruptly left The James Gang, and Cleveland, because he was AWOL from the Army and had to keep moving. Eventually, after finding religion and wanting to do the right thing, he turned himself in. The Army gave him a general discharge, and he went on his way. He died in Dec of 2018.

Last edited by eddie1261; 05/23/21 09:35 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.