Hi oldmuso, thanks! Basically I have the computer and BIAB. My guess is I have no sound interface at all. You mean something external, like an AudioBox or something? Nothing. I didn't know I needed one when I bought BIAB--thought it had everything I needed.

I bought the computer specifically for BIAB. HP 64 bit Laptop, Windows 10, Core i5, 240 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 256 GB hard drive, the internal sound card that came with it, internal speakers (RealTek Audio). I have it plugged into inexpensive logi speakers.

I do have a pair of Sennheiser mixing headphones but I don't use them often because they don't sound any different than the speakers (so what good are they?) and they consistently make the ringing in my ears worse.

BIAB 2021 Build 833 and RB on a hard drive (not on my computer; I plug it in when I'm using it, put it away when I'm not). I use the 64 bit option on BIAB and RB. I bought the hard drive because I know my internet connection is too slow to successfully download any kind of DAW. Heck, at this point it doesn't even like youtubes. I'd never be able to download anything big.

I had Audacity on my last computer and it's been pretty good at reducing noise. Kinda shocked that BIAB didn't give me that option but maybe it's in RB? Until I started reading these forums I didn't understand that Audacity is a DAW. Makes sense to me that the things I used to use it for I would now need to do in RB.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.