Cathie.
i thought i saw in one of your posts that you have a piano.
am i mistaken ? please confirm. also do you have a microphone ?
do you anticipate doing high quality vocs ?
please detail your objectives/needs. please also detail the model of your computer so i can look up the specs.
for future reference i never buy new (too much bloat on new pc's.) i only buy refurbished pc's with ssd's.

heres some tips starting out on the crazy music journey lol.
1. allot some time each week learning what other people are doing with their project studios. also spend time watching bb and realband vids on you tube.
2. this pg site and others like gearspace.com where thousands of studios large and small hang out are a good learning resource. and for getting gear reviews and recording tips. but be aware also gear sellers hang out on various sites. just cos someone says "buy this 1k mic and youll be makeing hit records in no time " it might be someone with a bias.
as my grandmother used to say "be carefull and make sure your money is the last thing you part with".
note pg users are a great bunch of people. so if in doubt ask us all our opinion on gear.
3. dont spend lots of money initially cos your needs will change over time as you get more familiar with things.
4. spend some time on you tube watching vids on "setting up a low cost high quality home recording project studio".
5. BEST BET if your interested in a piece of gear is to RENT IT from a reputable local music store.
eg i do this with audio interfaces a lot.
do you have a decent local music store like i do that lets you rent gear for a week or so ?

when you post back i'll be happy to suggest a low cost interface and a low cost mic that wont break the bank (and other pg users can critique me if they wish lol.)
depending on your needs.

best
oldmuso will try and help as my time allows cos i'm
also doing my own songs.
ps ive set up more than 1 studio in my life.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)