+1

Jim,
Thinking about what you wrote and a little about the future...
My assumption is, users have multiple locations for RT/RD mainly for 2 reasons:
1)lack of space on main drive
2)improper installation by user or by the program
+ Various minor reasons that are not 1 and 2

While I support your idea, leaning toward Proposal #2, I can offer Proposal #3 as a variant.

Proposal #3
SSD hard drive space is translated to something around 0,05 cents per GB. I believe Ultra Pack (which I think most users have) and all extras are all under 200GB, so we are talking about ~$10-$15 to fit everything on internal drive. In not distant future price per GB will shrink even more. While BIAB content is expanding, it is not exponential, so I believe it is safe to assume that next 2-5 years UltraPack will remain under 250GB.

So, Proposal #3 is this:
Have an option of finding/searching for "missing" items in various location and sync-merging (newest files) to a single "default" folder of choice.

It should not delete donor folder, if it is important to someone for any reason.... And maybe even have an option to delete "donor" folder to save space-> This can be an option in "cleanup routine".

P.S. Also, if I may add to this, as it is in a way related... To be able to find "missing" preview (demo) files for RT/RDs, styles and have means to obtaining them if they are missing on computer, not going to internet to audition them through picker. If you have RD-RTs-you should have their demos. Period.