RustySpoon# (Misha),

I believe you and I are saying the same thing in different ways regarding my #1 proposal and your #3 proposal.

The major difference is your proposal adds what, or how, the folder path is displayed at the top of the RealTracks and RealDrums windows; if the path is natural or symbolic. I really do not care what path is displayed at the tops of the Picker windows because the Pickers are completely bypassed by the "find this patch" track button.

The "find this patch" button I envision would be a new and unique feature with nothing in common with the RealTracks Picker and RealDrums Picker other than they all exist to manage content.

"find this patch" feature limitations:
(1) A track's "find this patch" button is not active unless a BiaB track patch (RealTrack, RealDrum, MIDI SuperTrack, Loop, etc.) is labeled N/A.
(2) Each search is track patch specific. For example, if a loaded song file identifies five track patches as N/A then five tracks will have an active "find this patch" button.

The "find this patch" search feature searches all assigned and active storage drive letters for the track patch name. This is important because storage media can assume a different drive letter every time the media is connected. This search effectively bypasses the need for the user to know the storage location.

When a patch is found, the patch will be loaded. Optionally, there can be a pop up window that asks if the user wants the found patch path to be added to the song file memo or another suitable location.

When a patch is not found, a "search complete - patch not found" displays. Optionally, there can be a pop up window that provides PG Music Support information.

As VideoTrack and Matt noted there are many ways the N/A patch issue can be addressed. Hopefully this discussion will provide PG Music with a heightened awareness of the problem.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home