Cathie.
my reply.
1. feel free to ask any gear questions includeing IT questions. there are lots of pg users like myself well versed in both IT computer engineering as well as setting up a recording studio.
2. thank you for the info on your pc. so far i see no reason why you cant use this pc. but this might change later on depending on your needs evolving and how well it performs on in depth song projects.
another decision you need to make is "should the pc see the net." my recording pc doesnt. i use a seperate cheap pc for surfing.
(just read up on this topic cos i dont have the space to explain further.)
for futher reading (sorry !) you might research what many big studios use. they use custom pc's finely tuned that are bought "turnkey" with the sound devices already installed.
but they are 2k plus , and highly optimised for large track and plug in counts. they are basically powerhouses. (just read up on gearspace.com and the net; companies like scan audio, silent pc, adk pro audio, and purrfect audio.
you dont need one at this point. i only mention them as a lot can be learned from their sites and pc configs. they can be a good source of info on gear also.
3. i think right now you have a strategic decision to make.
either you carry on(with us pg users assistance) setting up your recording studio in a proper functional fashion OR another option is to use a local studio in your area ; the latter would probably allow you to get your songs down faster BUT can be costly.
assuming the former. ...
4. phone up your local music stores (i believe you have a guitar centre in you area according to the net for example ?) and enquire if they rent low latency asio usb audio interfaces with 48v phantom for a month.
even better would be with a condenser microphone. (need 48v.)
this should cost very little (maybe 40 dollars ?) and this way you can test out compatibility with your pc plus you will learn how to install
a low latency usb audio interface. the "wrinkle" however is the covid situation currently. maybe you dont want to go out. i had my new interface shipped to me by courier from the recording store with the understanding i could return it in 30 days for a full refund. in summary be very
carefull.

best
oldmuso

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)