Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Rog,

This is really, really nice! I have to agree with Floyd, this is one of my favorites of yours. The lyrics are so strong, and the melody is superb - love the lift on "and I could say..." - and then the resolve to "It looks like a change in the weather." To me, that's what really gives it that Beatles feel (the Beatles were big country fans - they introduced Buck Owens to the UK, and did a cover of his hit Act Naturally - written by Johnny Russell and Voni Morrison.)

The second I heard your song start, I was struck with how full and warm it sounded. I have used Mixbus 32C on several mixes, and it is an outstanding DAW, particularly for mixing. It has a natural analog sound, and a really great built in saturation on all the mixbusses. Of course, none of this means anything, if it is not used properly. You certainly used it properly. Great sound. Great song. (And great pedal steel.) - I should know, I have lived over half my life around Austin, Texas. smile (Herb, if I couldn't live in Nashville, Austin is not too bad...)

Great job!

Steve

Hi Steve,
Many thanks for such a full and detailed review.
I'm so pleased you liked it and if it's now one of your favourites of mine then I'm delighted.
Yes, Mixbus 32C is excellent. I love the way that they've modelled the sound of a real 32 Channel,
so that when you import the stems and hit play it immediately sounds analog.
The editing is way behind Realband though, so I just use 32C for mixdown, which is what it's best at.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

ROG.