I have had this issue for some time now and cannot figure out what the problem is. I run Realband 2021 [5] with Admin privileges on my 240 GB SSD C: drive and save the rendered file to my F: drive which is a Western Digital 2TB USB drive . I have the USB connected to my PC's USB 3 port.

The issue happens when render the file using 'Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to stereo wav file'. Sometimes the file renders properly and is completed in a few seconds. I might then change volume on one track and render the file again, now the popup window says it is merging the tracks but minutes go with the cpu around 2% while the file is slowly created. If I cancel the process it brings up a window saying the file was rendered successfully but that is a lie.

Now if I don't change anything else and simply click on file/save in Realband. The save process takes only a few seconds and completes (the save goes to the F: USB drive). If I then click on Render and Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to stereo wav file, the rendering process takes less than 10 seconds and completes successfully to the F: drive.

In other words, if I click file save in Realband and then render, everything works fine. I used to run Realband from the USB drive but moved it to my C: drive to see if it would fix this issue but no joy. I still run Band In a Box from the F: usb drive with no problems.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or has any idea what could be causing it. Thank you in advance!

Del