Hello, 'Birchwood'...

With this song, Nice Time After All, I believe you accomplished two things that most songwriters would like to claim for themselves: 1) You composed some blues music that is actually upbeat in its feeling, and made it swinging enough to get people up and onto the dance floor, I'm sure, and, (2) You wrote lyrics that told a story about a familiar problem in relationships, which is that lovers sometimes don't possess the courage, honesty and maturity to tell you directly to your face, "I'm not in love with you anymore," but instead act out these little passive/aggressive behavior dramas such as making dates and breaking them at the last minute with a sorry excuse. In short, you combined some good-time music with some bad-times romantic scenarios that both come together to make one heck of a song that is humorously topical and musically irresistible. I guess you got your creative batteries charged when you stepped back from the forum for a while, eh? Not a bad way to work!

Last edited by bluage; 05/29/21 02:40 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".