Originally Posted By: floyd jane
ChrisDaveMarty...

Terrific opening - always an important part of a good record. The acoustic-shaker-bass combination catches your ear and then leads you right to the vocal as the center...

LOVE the processing on the drums!! HUGE. They become an integral part of the sound immediately - and notch it up... GREAT snare sound/processing! An additional "signature" for the song (mucho kudos!)

Also love the processing on Chris' vocal. JUST right. It sits in the mix PERFECTLY.

What an excellent solo! I've never been a fan of the sound of a plugged-in acoustic. There is a "plastic" quality to it that I don't care for. But it really works for this. And the fact that it is such a GOOD lead - smooth, melodic, right-for-the-song made me forget that (sounds like an L.R. Baggs pickup?)

Chris' vocal is SUPERB!

Cool song. So good that it should be the song that rockets the band into the mainstream commercial market (like the transition of Fleetwood Mac from Blues bamd to Pop megastardom...)

Cool cover art, too!

Loved it all!

fj

Man, you always write the best reviews!

For the drums I send each part of the kit to a separate track in Reaper so I have a bit more control over them. In the case of the snare I have it going through Neutron3.

I agree about using plugged in acoustics, but don't have a proper environment here to mic them up. I get around it somewhat by using EQ so that the frequency curve from the piezo is similar to an acoustic (read an article by Craig Anderton about doing that a few years ago) then I run it though CLA Guitars or Unplugged. Not quite the same, but not bad. I have no idea what pickup system Godin used on their guitars back then

Thanks as always, Floyd smile