Cathie, you have received some very important information thus far. I would like to add this to that. Carefully determine how many and what types on inputs you will need on an audio interface. I know you sing and that you play keyboards and if that is all you will be using then pick an audio interface that has both as well as ASIO native drivers.

As far as MIDI goes most all new MIDI keyboards and external sound sources use USB ports and not the old 5-pin ports. If you have or will get a unit with 5-pin ports then invest in a 5-pin to USB adapter. This eliminates the need of getting an audio interface that includes MIDI ports.

One last note, as previously indicated there are some very expensive and CPU and RAM intensive programs available. Most of us hobbyist don't invest in them. We use the much less expensive and not CPU or RAM intensive ones. They don't as good as the expensive ones but at least we can afford them. YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware