Originally Posted By: edshaw
Chris, Dave, & Marty:
All-around great work. Just the thing to ring in these days of summer. (ed)

Thanks for the listen and comments, Ed, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
You two are artists! There isn't one part of this song that doesn't sound pro to me.

For what it's worth I listened to Sade for a reference I was trying to find, came back and listened to this again and you mix is BETTER!

I am curious about the gating on the snare and toms. May I ask what you are using for that? Really well done.

I like this song A LOT. Every. Part. Of. It.

Thanks for sharing your talents!

Hi Caaron,

We are actually three now, Marty Straub joined us on bass a year or so ago. In addition to playing bass he is also a terrific songwriter and vocalist.

For the drums most of what you are hearing is right out of the box from EZDrummer2. I have made a few changes to the default kit, and a few tweaks to the default mixer settings, mostly to change the amount of mic bleed and reverb. And then I send each part of the kit to a separate track in Reaper so I can add FX to them individually. I used Neutron3 on the kick, snare, toms, and HH, and in the case of the kick I also use CLA Drums.

You made my day with that comment about the Sade song, mixing is something I'm always trying to improve smile