Mario/jim.
thanks for being such champs with your info/input/links.
but ive concluded my venturing into the land of large orchestral/vocal/instrumental libs was stupidly naive from my research to date.

haveing made songs in the past in a few big recording studios before setting up my own modest rig i think i conclude that only the big recording studios/film makers have the budgets to afford the most sophisticated sample libs. ie its a big boys game.
it seems to get a really good lib together can cost several k at a minimum from my deep dive into the topic.

however if you can recommend a lib combo for a few hundred buks that covers where i'm weak in the bb RT's. that would be grrreat !

heres where i'm weak in RT's.
(i have ultrapak 2020 and will probably upgrade next year if some of my wishes are implemented. )
i mainly do rok songs (not metal ) and occasional ballads.
(no country or jazz. blues rarely.)
but my "thing" is useing orch sounds in rok songs and ballads. i want to do more of this.

i'm weak in;
.cellos
.slide guitar for rock.
.horns eg trumpets.
.flutes/whistles
.clarinets
.other wind instruments eg oboes/bassoons
.latin perc
.violin groups
.good rok saxes. i can use some rt but after lots of edit work/regens.
.ditto above for harmonicas.
.femme opera and rok back up vocs.(already mentioned in earlier posts)
.stand up bass
.rok choirs
.other orchestral/symphonic instruments usefull in rok songs.
all above royalty free of course/plug ins/vsti's

(i hate dongles. used them in the past. end up with a nest of them. so i only buy dongle free products. thank god pg have not gone to dongles. )

one problem of course is though i like a particular RT i cant use it sometimes in a fast rok song often cos its tempo range might not match. or i get a stretch artifact.
ive got guitar rt's out the ying yangs. the rhythm ones i often find usefull. but the solo ones i really have to manipulate with lots of regens and/or daw edits and/or plug in tricks and/or adding my own guitar. i'm an ok guitarist , but not great.
dont get me wrong ; i'm not knocking bb but i need more than sometimes bb can give me.

anyway if anyone has added ideas within my puny few hundred buks budget; i'm all ears.
its the same prob i have with sports channels packages on tv !. (i'm a soccer nut.) they get too costly so i dont buy them.

in ending my other worry is i'll buy a fancy library/plug in , and it either gets obsolete or i find i dont find
some patches usefull. or there are too many patches to go
through as i like to work fast when ive got a song idea.

best and thanks again.
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/02/21 10:03 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)